GMC is elevating the 2018 Yukon Denali lineup with styling and trim enhancements, as well as a new, advanced 10-speed automatic transmission. A new, sculpted grille design distinguishes the Yukon Denali, while new Mastique Ash real wood trim adds depth and richness to the interior.
The new 10-speed transmission — paired with Yukon Denali’s 6.2L V-8 engine — enhances refinement with world-class shift smoothness, responsiveness and quietness.
Multi-Dimensional Grille Design
GMC designers evolved the iconic Denali grille with a multidimensional, sculpted interpretation that, like other contemporary GMC elements, was designed in a layered manner. It’s a theme seen in other new GMC models such as the Acadia and Terrain.
In addition to a more sophisticated appearance, the new grille offers greater airflow to the radiator. Active aero shutters behind the grille close in certain conditions on the highway to reduce aerodynamic drag and enhance efficiency.
10 Speeds, Refined Performance
The Yukon Denali’s new 10-speed automatic leverages the engineering experience of General Motors’ multispeed transmissions to deliver improved performance.
A wider, 7.39 overall gear ratio spread, compared to the Yukon Denali’s previous eight-speed automatic, enables a lower numerical top gear ratio and contributes to greater efficiency.
The transmission’s optimized gearing and proprietary controls allow the 6.2L V-8 engine to deliver a winning combination smooth operation and precise response.
Standard and available features include:
- 420-hp 6.2L V-8 engine with direct injection and Active Fuel Management
- StabiliTrak electronic stability control, tow/haul mode, trailer sway control, auto grade braking and hill start assist
- Magnetic Ride Control for improved body motion control
- Standard 20-inch wheels and available 22-inch wheels
- Automatic locking rear differential
- Four-wheel-disc brakes with Duralife™ brake rotors
- Active Noise Cancellation for a quieter interior
- 8-inch diagonal GMC Infotainment system with Navigation includes Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability
- Standard 8-inch diagonal customizable driver display with head-up display
- Multiple USB ports and accessory power outlets, including a 230-volt three-prong outlet, to support electronic devices
- Wireless phone charging
- Heated and ventilated driver and passenger seats, heated second-row seats
- Hands-free programmable power liftgate
The Denali trim is offered in Yukon and Yukon XL models, with the XL featuring a 14-inch-longer wheelbase (20 inches longer overall), for increased third-row legroom and more than double the cargo room behind the third-row seat.
|Model||Yukon||Yukon XL||Yukon Denali||YukonDenali XL|
|Length Width Height (mm)||5179 x 2045 x 1890||5697 x 2045 x 1890||5179 x 2045 x 1890||5697 x 2045 x 1890|
|Engine||ECOTEC3 5.3L V-8 DI, VVT, AFM||ECOTEC3 5.3L V-8 DI, VVT, AFM||ECOTEC3 6.2L V-8 DI, VVT, AFM||ECOTEC3 6.2L V-8 DI, VVT, AFM|
|Power HP@RPM||355 @ 5600||355 @ 5600||420 @ 5600||420 @ 5600|
|Torque Nm@RPM||519 @ 4100||519 @ 4100||624 @ 4100||624 @ 4100|
|Gearbox||6-speed Auto||6-speed Auto||10-speed Auto||10-speed Auto|
|Fr Suspension||Front independent coil-over-shock with stabilizer bar||Front independent coil-over-shock with stabilizer bar||Front independent coil-over-shock with stabilizer bar||Front independent coil-over-shock with stabilizer bar|
|Rr Suspension||Rear multilink with coil springs||Rear multilink with coil springs||Rear multilink with coil springs||Rear multilink with coil springs|
|Brakes||4-wheel Antilock Brake System (ABS), 4-wheel disc with Duralife rotors||4-wheel Antilock Brake System (ABS), 4-wheel disc with Duralife rotors||4-wheel Antilock Brake System (ABS), 4-wheel disc with Duralife rotors||4-wheel Antilock Brake System (ABS), 4-wheel disc with Duralife rotors|